Make money with Swagbucks! It's Easy.

Search & Win

Sunday, November 29, 2009

How quickly they grow.

Seth has been off for the past 4 days and it has been heavenly. I love having him home. There are so many topics on my list of things that I wanted to blog about and now that I have created a little slot of time to do so (everyone has gone to bed) I don't know where to start. Blogging can be so liberating...I can say whatever I want and I don't have to worry about anything (ie, driving people crazy with my incessant chatter). haha.

I guess I should start by saying "life is good." This picture really says it all:



Seth and Kailee went to the library the other day to get "The Little House in the Big Woods" (he loved The Little House on the Prairie series as a child) and they have been reading a chapter together every night -- Sophia doesn't really like to sit for any length of time to read so we stick to the shorter books with her. I was doing some work in the office last night, while I listened to him read to her. I noticed it got quiet so I just assumed that Seth took Kailee to bed. After about 10 minutes of silence I heard Seth's snores start to waft into the office so I decided to check it out and this is what I came upon. It was such a heart-warming sight.

While I looked at them asleep in the papasan chair (after I took a picture) I couldn't help but to feel a small tinge of sadness. Kailee seems to be growing up so quickly these days...and I'm not just talking about her height. She is acting like such a big girl. I can't help but to laugh at some of the things she says to me sometimes. On top of that, (this is not going to sound like a big deal to most of you) Kailee took her first shower tonight (after playing in the bath for 1/2 hour first. haha). I have been trying to get Kailee to take a shower since she could stand up. I have friends who's kids have taken showers from birth and like it. My girls have never liked showers. Kailee has always cried when I tried to turn on the shower. Tonight she let me turn on the shower and wash her hair...Although I am pretty sure I am done in the baby department, I have to say that I can see the appeal of having more babies when children hit this age.  It seems like just yesterday that I was in the nursing her, rocking her, soothing her, she was just a baby...

...and Sophia. WOW! She has grown leaps and bounds in just a month. She started with two word sentences about 2 weeks ago and now she is on to three words. It is so amazing the things they can pick up on. Sophia loves to mimic her big sister. If Kailee says she wants string cheese, Sophia isn't far behind saying the exact same thing followed by "too". It is really cute. Read book too. Go walk too. Watch cartoon too (although she will not sit through one). I love it! This is one of my favorite ages -- their brains are such sponges. Everyday is a new adventure. I am so blessed to be able to take this adventure with my girls. I thank God everyday and pray the He will lead us to bring them up in the way He would see fit; that they would come to know Christ at an early age. I pray for God to intercede because I feel like I sometimes fall short and I know He will never disappoint. I will continue to praise God for his grace and never-ending love...and for loaning me these two amazing gifts -- they are my everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment