Make money with Swagbucks! It's Easy.

Search & Win

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Growing Up Girls

I just can't believe how long it has been since I last posted a blog!! Time really gets away from me sometimes. It's crazy!

Things are going really well around here. Seth is still taking Farsi classes at DLI. I can't believe how much he studies and how much he knows!! He took the practice DLPT (military language exam) today and Monday; he doesn't feel very good about the "listening" portion of the exam. I am really praying he did well. He studies so hard and puts everything into this -- it would be great to see him get some sort of validation from all of it.

Sophia turns 2 next month!!! It's crazy. Every day it is something new with her. She is definitely coming into the "terrible 2's", that's for sure. Just today I put her in my bed for a nap (since my room was cooler) and she started banging on the bedroom door (she can't quite get the hang of opening the doors). When I went in to check on her she handed me a 1/2 open container of deodorant. Ewwww....I took the top of the rest of the way to see teeth marks in the top. YUCK! Upon further inspection, there was deodorant caked on her pacifier. When I asked her if she had eaten any she started making a horrible face and opening her mouth -- her tongue was white and pasty. Really?? Of course, I cleaned her up, tossed the bed sheets in the washer, had her drink a cup full of water (which she was happy to do...), and put her back to bed. Whew. Another day in the life of the mother of a (almost) 2 year old. She is also starting to climb out of her crib! I guess she watched Kailee climb in and out of it (to play with Sophia in the mornings before mommy rolls out of bed) and decided to try it herself. Imagine our surprise when, on Saturday morning, Sophia came strolling into our room with her blanket and "pac". hahaha. Gone are my days of laying in bed for an additional 1/2 hour while Kailee and Sophia play in the crib. :(

They are growing up so quickly.

I looked at Kailee the other day, really looked at her, and I couldn't believe what I saw - my toddler was not a toddler any more. On one hand it makes me happy -- more freedom for us as a family to do things together-- but on the other hand I was/am sad. Where has the time gone!!?? Kailee is so tall. We have been marking her height on the side of the refrigerator (very civil, I know) and she has grown every time we mark it (every couple of weeks). Her little round belly is gone and has been replaced with the scrawny little girl that is so sure of herself most of the time. Then you have those times when she just wants to cling to her mommy and daddy. She has gotten into the habit lately of, when she gets in trouble, repeatedly saying over and over: "I WAAANNNTTTT DDAAADDDDYYYYY!!!" I guess "saying" isn't quite appropriate; it is more like "wailing". I wonder what would happen if I decided to do it back to her? Maybe I'll give it a try next time. :) I'll be sure to post the results.

Sometimes I just can't believe how much God has blessed me and my life. What did I do to deserve such an amazing family, a roof over my head, food, etc? I will praise Him all the days of my life!

I will go for now. There is so much I want to say but it is already getting late. I am going to try to post more tomorrow -- get everyone caught up on what is going on in the Middleton household. :)

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment