Make money with Swagbucks! It's Easy.

Search & Win

Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's Halloween!


Today is Halloween! YAY! I am so excited. Kailee is now at the age (going on 4) where she is also excited about saying "Trick or Treat" and "getting treats" from people.

Sophia's costume was a piece of cake -- I inadvertently found it while shopping around one of my favorite stores (Marshall's). She is the world's cutest ladybug. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of the tulle! Results are in -- She is just the cutest ladybug you have ever seen??

Kailee, on the other hand, is at the age where she knows what she wants to be. So, a month or so ago I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween and this is how the conversation proceeded to happen:



Kailee: "I want to be a scary monster." pause "I don't care if I scare Sophia."
Me: "That's not very nice. You don't want to scare your sister."
Kailee: "Well, OK. I just want to be a nice monster."

She is growing up so quickly!

I soon realized that I'm not very creative and I didn't have a clue where I could find an age-appropriate, non-scary monster costume for a 3 1/2 year old. hmmm...So, I did what most mothers would do. I convinced her that she wanted to be something else. :) Her next suggestions was "I wanna be a pirate! AARRRGGGHHH!" I love my 3 year old.

Now, this I could do. I checked local costume shops and looked online. I couldn't believe that most of the pirate costumes for 3 year olds were laden with skulls & crossbones. Seriously? That DEFINITELY isn't age-appropriate -- or appropriate at all, in my opinions. After scouring the internet, I FINALLY found one. It is actually a buccaneer costume and it was so cute.

The results are in -- I have the cutest kids in the world! I have been so blessed...and I cannot wait to trick-or-treat with them in just a couple hours!







No comments:

Post a Comment